Midpoint Musings

Midpoint Musings

Thursday, November 10, 2011

A Different Lifestyle

A reduced teaching schedule this year presented me with the challenge of deciding how to schedule my day. Should I get more involved with volunteer activities? Should I try to sub half days? I decided to teach one-half day each week at a small Catholic school, but even that was challenged as a result of the events of October of this year.

After three years of planning and collecting evidence, our son gained primary custody of his three girls. Since he makes his home with us, both my lifestyle and my husband's has changed. I now find my days filled with chores related to the girls adjustments and activities.

We feel extremely blessed and thankful for this change. Yes, I am tired most of the time, but to have a dynamic interest in, and impact on, shaping the lives of these three little ones brings me great joy.

No comments:

Post a Comment